Monday, September 15, 2008

Perspective

The book Zoom by Istvan Banyai is a really cool book. I have never seen anything like it. Zoom just has pictures and on each page there is a bigger picture. It challenged my mind to make inferences about what would be on the next page based on what was on the page before.



Zoom changed my perspective almost every page. The first thing I saw was a red jaged picture and I thought it was the sun. But then the page turned and it was a rooster head. Each time the page was turned there was a bigger and a differrent perspective. My perspective changed rapidly throughout the book.

Scientists have to look at data from all different angles, depths, and perspectives to understand it. For example scientists study space close up and far away. To make sure you arent revealing false information you have to look at every detail and research about prior information. Stars look like little lit up dots and planets look like brighter stars from Earth however in space planets are incredible masses. We have discovered what we know about space from science.

No comments: